When an employer purchases laptop for the employees, they always turn to Dell, as due to their agreeable business tactical pricing and also keeping in mind about the durability of computers. If a person is primarily using your Dell laptop for the purpose of multimedia, such as giving business presentations or as a media centre, then you can surely disable functional key features, instead of using the keys of a media control. For doing so, in Dell laptop, you’ll need first to enter the system BIOS (Basic Input Output System) during its process of boot sequence so that you may give some instructions to your computer.
In doing so there are certain steps or you can take help from Dell customer support team.
- First of all, restart your Dell laptop.
- Then, watch its boot screen. Look for any kind of notation at the bottom instructing you to “Press F10 key to enter system BIOS.” In most of the laptops, this will be noted as “F2” key, but this may differ on your system. At the time when a message appears, hold down an appropriate key to enter BIOS screen.
- Then Navigate to “Advanced” tab by pressing a right arrow key.
- Now, scroll down to “Function Key Behaviour” on “Advanced” tab by pressing down button. Press “Enter.”
- Now press up/down arrow keys to move your selection to “Multimedia Key First.”
Press “F10” to save your settings and exit.
- Now, allow your system to reboot for all changes to take effect.
These laptops are high class and effective laptops. They give consistency and also provide an absolute performance to the person using it. Most probably after following these steps, you’ll sure be able to achieve your objective. If you’re still having difficulty then, you can dial Dell Customer Support Australia number 1-800-921-785. They will surely you guide accordingly and you can get back to your work in moments.
If you are living in perth so you can directly contact our Dell laptop repair centre Perth 1-800-921-785
- Dell function keys reversed
- ow do I turn off the Fn key on my Dell laptop
- how to disable / reverse function keys F1-F12 of most laptop
- How do I disable function keys on my laptop