Sometimes, the users of Dell laptop come across charging issue, users plug in the laptop but it is not charging. This issue “plugged in not charging” can be occurred due to a number of reasons such as your faulty adapter or faulty charging board. If you are facing the same, then no worries, this blog is definitely is written for you. Read this blog, you’ll find a solution to overcome this problem and in case, you need to help then contact Dell support team.
Just follow these given steps and you’ll be able to fix this issue.
Directions to follow:
- First, it is required to turn off your laptop.
- Once you do so, then you need to disconnect all external peripherals like pen drive, printer, external hard disk and so on from your laptop.
- Next, you need to press and hold the power button for about 20 to 30 seconds in order to release its residual charge from your laptop.
- After that, you have to reconnect the battery as well as AC adapter.
- Once your system is powered on and booted properly, then re-seat its battery and now have to check you still get the same error or not.
- Boot your system to BIOS; press the F2 key on your Dell logo screen when you turn on your device.
- Next, you need to press an F9 key in order to load BIOS defaults and once it is done, then press F10 key to save and then exit.
- Now restart your laptop and check if you find the same error.
- You can try with wiggle an AC adapter cable and then check if it makes a difference.
- In case, you remain on a same position that means it is necessary to replace the part.
Once you follow these steps, you are able to overcome this issue, in case, you need help then make a call on Dell Australia support number 1-800-921-785
- Battery plugged in not charging windows 10
- Plugged in not charging Dell
- How to Fix a Plugged-In Laptop That Is Not Charging